Hack for a better U
UHack is a 24-hour student hackathon with the theme “Hack for a Better U,” focusing on building projects for the benefit of improving one’s lifestyle. The theme is completely open-ended; students can utilize any platform, framework, language, or hardware device they desire and utilize it to their own will for the benefit of making something better. Students can start from scratch or hack something previously created in order to change/improve its functionality or purpose.
The event is open to all university student's and no prior coding or technical experience is required to attend this event.
- Participants: Individuals (over 14 years in age); Teams (Maximum of 4); Organizations/Sponsors upon request
- Countries: United States, France, Canada
- Categories: Improvement apps (day-to-day, long term, etc).
- What to create: functioning software or hardware application; presentation wtih demonstration of successful function; screenshots of code/applications use
How to enter
1. Register online at: coe.miami.edu/uhack2015
2. Be present at the event. The work and projects completed at this hackathon must be used on-site. No exceptions.
Senior Developer at Kairos
CEO of Sevanta Systems
How well does the project work? Are there lots of bugs or can it only work under certain conditions?
Does the project fit well with the theme? Is the project designed to improve one's lifestyle in some way?
Have we seen this idea in the past or is this something new? Is this new idea implemented well and is there a need for it?
Does the project's architecture and overall implementation provide evidence of technical prowess?